Leading a Contemplative Practice Group
Contemplative prayer groups have been the core of Pacific Center's program from the beginning. PCSF staff are available to provide guidance, experience, and mentoring for individuals who feel called to form and lead contemplative practice groups.
Our focus includes such issues as:
- Maintaining our own groundedness in the Spirit
- Common concerns that arise for leaders of a contemplative prayer group
- Journaling as spiritual practice
- Choosing the content or focus for an ongoing group
- Facilitating open and contemplative sharing among participants
- Discernment concerning the calling to group leadership
- The relationship between practice groups and the wider congregation
- Suggested readings and resources for group leaders
If you are interested in being part of a small group of individuals who are called to the ministry of group leadership, please contact Susan Murphy.